Partially interrupted—typical in centers
- Use 660 feet (one-eighth mile) as a standard for maximum distance between through streets.
- Create neighborhood parkway edges along edges of natural features. Houses on one side only, where possible. Minimize right of way (one way couplets wherever appropriate).
- Reduce the number of roads crossing natural features without unduly compromising connectivity (crossings every 0.25 miles to 0.5 miles).
- Align long axes of blocks to natural features to facilitate natural drainage and provide view of natural areas from streets.
- Major arterials with transit located every mile. Minor neighborhood collector/arterials every half mile.